I'm getting ready to celebrate my 40th birthday and I wanted to share with you a few lessons that I have learned on this journey. I thank God for the wonderful blessing called life.
1. People that know and love you, will forgive you.
2. Loyal friendships are a rarity.
3. Living in the present moment, is much more challenging than living in the past or dreaming of the future.
4. The grass is not really greener on the other side.
5. A person that has a hard demeanor and is often angered is dealing with some internal issues.
6. Respect and love go hand and hand.
7. Doing the right thing is not always easy but it is the right thing to do.
8. God loves variety, so He made us each different and unique.
9. A grateful heart is a tender heart.
10. Comparing our lives to others will only breed discontentment.
11. God knows what each individual can handle, so we should be careful minimizing the burden that someone else is carrying.
12. I might can influence someone but I can not change them, only God can.
13. A smile can help brighten someones day.
14. God will reveal what he wants us to know, when He wants us to know, if we truly desire Him.
15. Spending each morning reading the Bible and praying, sets the tone for the day.
16. The foundation of every doctrine that we believe, should be rooted in the Bible.
17. My most important calling in this season, is being a husband and dad.
18. Life can change drastically within 5 minutes.
19. Sometimes we hold onto an idea, a belonging or a relationship too long. Know when it is time to change or let go.
20. At the end, a grudge will only poison you.
21. It is okay to say, "I don't understand why this happened but I'm just trusting you God."
22. Living an honest life with flaws is better than living a mirage that appears perfect.
23. It is okay for my spouse not to agree with me.
24. We should dream and have ambitions, but hold them loosely in case they do not match God's desire for our life.
25. Most of my decisions in life is based upon faith.
26. It is good to pause and reflect upon your life.
27. Idle gossip hurts.
28. Choose carefully what we say yes to. When we say "yes" to someone or something, we must say "no" to something else.
29. Trying to live other peoples convictions will only lead to confusion. Search out your own soul salvation.
30. If a friendship is dependent upon you agreeing with them, then the relationship might not be worth pursuing.
31. If you do not live intentional, you will be easily distracted.
32. Be leery of people that love drama.
33. Godly wisdom does not automatically come by getting older. It is a gift from God.
34. Silence is not a sign of weakness.
35. We often Glorify the church of the past and forget that the God who helped them is here to help us.
36. Some things are worth fighting for and some things are not. It takes godly wisdom to distinguish the difference.
37. We do not need to defend God, we just need to be His witness.
38. If you want to know what is important to you, review where you spend your time and your money.
39. As a Christian man, I have a responsibility to protect my wife and children.
40. Through Christ, the best is yet to come!
What have you learned on your journey in life?
Michael and his wife Crista, are blessed to have three children (Noah, Gracie, Luke). They live in the middle TN area and attend Eagle Christian church. He counts it a honor to be involved with Eagle’s View, BYC and serving as a evangelist. They enjoy being outdoors, traveling and above all serving the Lord.