In the past, I have donated to ministries such as Focus on the Family. I am all about supporting any ministry that has a heart for the family.
Recently, I came across their Integrity for Fundraising and was impressed of the guidelines they have set forth to run Focus on the Family.
I certainly want to be a true steward of what the Lord has given. And part of that money is some of your living, and I respect it just as reverent and honorable as it can be.
– Rev. William Branham
Focus on the Family Integrity in Fundraising
The way an organization handles its finances is a reflection of its integrity and reliability in every area. Here are six principles and policies that guide our fundraising:
- We believe that this ministry belongs to God and that we are merely His managers and stewards. He calls us to be accountable to His objectives, interests and concerns.
- The Lord gives and the Lord takes away (Job 1:21). As long as He supplies the means, we will serve others in His name. We understand that the future of His work does not depend upon the survival of this organization.
- We won't hesitate to let you know about our financial circumstances, both in the good times and in the bad. But we will not beg or resort to disrespectful or dishonorable fundraising, nor will we try to raise more money than we need.
- We will try not to run the ministry at a deficit. If on occasion it becomes necessary to borrow funds to cover large or unforeseen expenses, we will do our best to repay the loan as quickly as possible.
- We believe that your first financial obligation is to the local church. We request that you support the work of your own faith community first, before you contribute to Focus on the Family.
- We will receipt all of your gifts and show the fair market value of any materials requested and sent, so that you can determine the tax-deductible portion of your gifts.
These guidelines have defined our philosophy of financial stewardship and shaped our approach to fundraising. They are based upon a firm conviction that everything we are and everything we have comes to us by the grace of God. If we remain faithful, we're confident that the Lord will sustain us while His purposes for this ministry endure.